on Monday, April 19, 2010

It was pouring again..2 hours before the intended long night ahead. Mentally prepared (not sure about physically) and getting a little anxious on how the night is going to turn out - yet I can't wait to see the outcome.

The 4 of us started 7.25pm at ECP F2 with xz giving instruction on the next checkpoint to meet up/water/toilet/walk break. Nice pace I would say with a buddy pacing me all the way to Changi point. Thanks Yankee!!... With Tao as the support vehicle waiting for us, time to re-fuel with bananas, swiss roll, H20! Distance checked ~14.5k according to Garmin. Physical condition checked - all good, no blister, no discomfort.

Ready to make our way back to F2, for whatever reason, the 'engine' wasn't that smooth. Strides was a lot shorter. I'm mostly on my own on the 2nd half..with the other 3 slowly dissapering from my sight...wohoo!!! Ok.. it wasn't really that bad with my trusted and all time favourite 93.3 accompanying me. I think it was somewhere along the 20k-ish.... I'm feeling really sore on the knees. Upper body was still perfectly fine. Gotta switch to run-walk cuz the 'run' was as 'fast' as a brisk walk :) The never ending coastal road finally come to an end and morale was a little high knowing that F2 is not that far away.

Happily munching on a bar of kit kat and stride the way to F2. Job Done! Time check: 4:30hr including water/toilet/walk break. Distance covered: 29.7km. The legs..... sore!!! but the endorphin kick and sense of satisfcation outweigh the soreness :) I think I'm beginning to like....LSD...hahahah..

Thanks XZ, Fennel, Yankee and Tao for a good nightout and TCSS under the stars.....

0 comments: